Adjacent to the NorSask Sawmill,
Meadow Lake, SK
To be respectful and innovative stewards of the forest.
To undertake environmentally appropriate, economically viable and socially equitable use of the forest.
- Creating and maintaining collaborative relationships.
- Maximizing face-to-face communication and information sharing.
- Undertaking responsible forestry according to the best available scientific consensus.
- Conducting ourselves with honesty, integrity, transparency, fairness and caring.
- Respecting the legal and customary rights of Indigenous Peoples and other forest users.
Promote the involvement of local communities in forest use planning and forestry operations… seek to work in a consensual manner with other forest users and stakeholders… take reasonable steps to meaningfully accommodate stakeholder and public concerns… harvest and regenerate natural forested landscapes in a manner that minimizes impacts to forest biodiversity and maintains natural forest processes… cost-effectively deliver harvested forest products in a timely manner to local mills… promote local distribution of economic benefits arising from forestry activities.
Mistik was established in 1989 as a not-for-profit joint venture, with each partner (NorSask and Meadow Lake Mechanical Pulp) owning equal shares. There are 14 employees reporting to the General Manager at Mistik. The General Manager reports to a Mistik Board of Directors comprised of an Independent Board Chair along with 4 Directors representing NorSask and 4 Directors representing Meadow Lake Mechanical Pulp Inc. Decision-making is based on unanimity, rather than a majority or consensus approach.
The General Manager provides a formal report to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis. Day to day operations at Mistik are governed by a number of committees who meet monthly or on an as-required basis and report back to the Board of Directors. All these committees include members of the Board of Directors.
The committees are:
- Operating Committee
- Finance Committee
- Human Resources Committee
- Corporate Governance and Risk Management Committee